Why does every one answer/ask questions anonymously?

Why is it that there are so many anon questions and answers out here? It seems like no one wants to take responsibility for what they say. Don't get crazy on me, I understand in a political or religious sense, but on basic q&a, why not put your name? Just wondering by the way, not trying to start anything.

adove01

Asked by adove01 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because some are trolls, some don't to be stalked for their opinions (some will pm harass you if hey disagree with you) and some are just P*ssys and don't face up to the BS they spew over the net. JMO

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i do it because i don't want to get pm from crazy people, b/c i usually do when i answer or ask with my real name
    Anonymous

• 1.) Because a lot of CMers can be butt winkers if they don't like your answer.
    2.) Because it bugs others.
    Anonymous

• Well you're about to start something!
    Anonymous

• Butt winker? That's a new one! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• LOL "buttwinkers" !!

I post anon when I am embarassed or want to act silly.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Don't take offence. I was just wondering. If I upset you over a silly little question, maybe you need to do something else so that you aren't so uptight. It's just a question. BTW I love the fact most of you are answering anon. It proves my point. And yes, I understand the pm aspect, hadn't thought of it really, but I get it. Let's not go crazy here.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Because I have a stalker.
    Anonymous

• You must be new here. Every couple days there is a question about crazy mean anons . . . they are here no matter what we do. I understand why they use the anon button to say crazy and rude stuff. What gets me is the person who feels the need to ask a question about a recipe anonymously . . . what is it Martha Stewart and she doesn't want anyone to know she is asking others for advice. That's what gets me . . the anon questions that aren't drama or gossip or personal . . . just culinary or something like that!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• lol Martha
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009