The TV show I Didn't Know I was Pregnant. Do you know anyone this actually happened to?

Do you actually know anyone this happened to and if so please share their story if you can. Thanks.

I have PCOS, am infertile, don't get a period, and I am very overweight. Thanks to this show I will be taking a home pregnancy test every 2-3 months just to make sure this doesn't happen to us (just want to make sure the baby gets all the proper prenatal care).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know someone that this happened to. My suite-mate (we had separate rooms but shared a bathroom) in college had a baby boy. She had a fairly valid point about why she couldn't feel the baby move: she'd been in a really bad accident as a child and had severe nerve damage in her abdomen, and couldn't feel anything (to the point that she burned her stomach really badly one day while cooking because a pot of boiling water splashed on her, and she didn't know until she took off her shirt that night and saw the blisters!) She would tease me when I had my period, because I would cramp up really bad, and on the rare times she had her period, she didn't feel the cramps! She was already a bit overweight, and put on about 15 pounds, but we chalked it up to the way we ate.
    She went into labor one night while we were studying, and delivered a healthy 8 pound baby on her dorm bed. Her fiance FREAKED, but is a great daddy, now!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Haha! I am watching that too (hubby is making fun of me as I watch actually). i don't know anyone this happened to and I had such an intense pregnancy that I can't even imagine this!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• LOL I watched this a few days ago and it was totally unbelievable but there have been reports of it happening.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have never been pregnant and I saw this show last year and it freaked me out. I mean I enjoy the show it just made me paranoid. I do not want to go to the ER someday and deliver my surprise child into a toilet.
    Anonymous

• I've heard about ti happening but I've never known anyone that it has happened to. Its on TLC right? When?
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 9:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have had friends who tell me they didn't know. And though i know that all pregnancies are different. There are SOOOOO many symptons that you would have to be a bit slow to not be suspicious. I never beleive my friends when they say they didn't know, because they are young and just pretend it isn;t happening or just ignore it.

It pissesme off. But, i guess there can be those EXTREMELY rare cases where you didn;t know anything.
    Anonymous

• discovery health on tuesday nights
    Anonymous

• it happened to my step mother in law...kinda. She was breastfeeding her oldest and so she wasn't getting a period. She went to the ER one day because of pains or cramping (I can't remember which). She found out he was 51/2 months pregnant and had almost lost the baby...her daughter is now a healthy 19 year old!
    I wanted to be one of those people until I saw that show bc I find out really early 3-4 weeks and its a long pregnancy...but not anymore
    Anonymous

• Thanks for your story. I just wanted to see if it happened to anyone out there for real. And some of the women weren't overweight that through me for a loop.
    Anonymous

• This happened to a woman that lived across the street from my cousin. She was in her late 40's already had teen girls... and was pregnant with twins and didnt know it. She hemoraged(sp?) and ended up dying. So sad.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009