Should I give up or fight back?

My dd's SM is a drama queen. and My ex is a Drama King. Things weren't so good in the beginning with SM and I. Then things started to get better, basically I stopped talking to SM and stopped dealing with SM. SM stalks me here on cafemom and myspace, and in the groups that I am not in here on CFM she talks crap and belittles me and bashes me, she tells everyone that I am an unfit mother, and that I don't care about my dd. SM only see's my dd once a month for 2 days if that, sometimes she isn't around on those weekends. When dd goes with her dad and SM dd doesn't take a shower, and if she does she takes a shower with her dad, dd is 7 years old. DD comes back dirty, smelly and food caked in her hair. SM and Bio dad live in a 2 bedroom apartment and when dd goes to visit she has to sleep on a couch that smells like cigs, and dirty dogs. SM calls me a stupid bitch in front of dd, Bio-dad doesn't pay court ordered CS. Cont~

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Where your children are concerned, you ALWAYS fight back. No matter what.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• fight back!!!
    Anonymous

• Hi hun, this is a really hard question but i have to tell you that i was the daughter in all this and i heard my SM and Dad call my mom horrible names and i still wanted to live with my dad and i dont know why but i dont think i could answer this question my mom let me go live with my dad and i was only there for one school year and came right back then moved back at 17 she wouldn't let my brother and things were really bad between them but that doesn't mean anything of what will happen with her if it was me i would fight but i am also not int that situation i hope that you figure out what you want and need to do best wishes to you!
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 9:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Cont~ At the beginning of the year dd went to a bad school the school district was bad the teacher was bad. DD got behind in her schooling no matter how much I worked with dd and I even got dd a tutor. My DH ended up getting transferred with his company out of state we tried 2 stay till dd was out of school but we just couldn't so we had 2 move and pull dd out of school we got her in2 one the best schools in this state. But with it being so close to the end of the school year and considering that dd was so far behind, the teacher and district asked ME if I'd consider retaining dd in the 1st grade. I felt that it was best for dd 2 be held back. Now SM is posting a bunch of crap here on CFM and saying that I am an unfit parent because my dd needs to repeat the 1st grade. She said that her and ex feel that I am unfit mother and they want 2 take me back 2 court and get custody of my dd, most of the time when SM talks Cont~
    harmycj

Answer by harmycj at 9:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Be the child's advocate focus on what is best for that child. Regarding all the other crap, create a new account and don't give it to SM or whomever is bothering you. I repeat put the child's best interest first and foremost, the rest is just infantile on their part so don't let it bother you.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• most of the time I just ignore SM and don't let her get to me...I just forget what she says. My friends email all the things that she post about me and I just delete it and just ignore it. Since I've started ignoring SM life has been good. But I am just tired of the drama. I take it personal when she threatens to take dd away from me because I do everything I can to help dd...I've hired tutors, I help dd and I do everything I can and It ticks me off that she calls me a bad mother.
    harmycj

Answer by harmycj at 10:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Honey let them take you to court. More than likely the courts will find their claims to be unfounded. Maybe you can end up getting more help since you are now paying for tutors and such for your dd. Other than that I say just keep ignoring her on CM and elsewhere, it shows you are more mature than her.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• First, I want to make you aware that you aren't anon in your continuations. (be prepared for the drama if she's reading these!) I say fight them. A child having to repeat a grade is no indication of parenting, I should know, I had to repeat a grade. I think your ignoring her and her behavior is the best thing, after all, she is your child and her father's child and she has no place in the middle of it. I would be printing off the items she is bashing you in, just in case.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• She is your child, you must fight back, who else is going to stand up for her?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Never give up!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009