I think my hips are aching mostly because I have to sleep on them!

Im nearing 30 weeks, and I am having so much pain in my hips, mostly my left. My legs ach and I know its because of pregnacy. However, what can I do to relieve the pain while i sleep. It kills to sleep on my sides, I cant take it anymore! Any suggestions so i can settle in at night and get some decent rest!? When not pregnant, I am a loyal stomach sleeper, so it is always rough for me when I am pregnant. so what do you do--Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are a few different pregnancy sleeping pillows out there you can try that go in between your legs and your stomach can rest on and you can cuddle up on. They have them at motherhood, and probably walmart or target too
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 10:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I feel your pain I got achey hips and legs... SOmetimes I even get nerves strained in my back:( hugs
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 10:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Im almost 30 weeks and going through the same thing as, I did with my other 2. Lots of pillows help. I try to switch sides every time I wake up. I take tylenol before I go to bed. Its worse on your left because that is where your sciatic nerve is. it will go away once the baby comes, which I know that doesnt help. My doctor told me to take benadryl, that it might help me sleep better. I didnt but then 2 weeks ago, I have severe allergies, and had a flare up, my uvella was swollen,anyways, so I had to take benadryl around the clock...it didnt help, I still woke up, and it still was numb and painful. if you get any good ideas, Im open to hear them though!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• ooh i hate that feeling when i was pregnant. my friend gave me a pillow wedge thing to squeeze underneath my belly when sleeping on my side, it helped keep my back straighter instead of kind of bent and that helped with my hips a lot. i would also sleep propped up and with a bunch of pillows underneath my hips and legs and that helped a lot. a warm bath helped a lot to ease the pain as well... its also hurting from your pelivs widening to prep you for when the baby is ready to come out.. hence the reason womens butts get bigger while pregnant LOL... but try what i mentioned and good luck!!! it will go away after you have the baby though. and my GOD i was asole belly sleeper as wel and it felt aMAZING to sleep on my belly after my daughter came out lol.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• memory foam is easier on the hips than a regular mattress...also definitely put a pillow between your legs. I feel your pain. Although I've always been a side-sleeper my hips ache too and I have to switch sides many times in the night.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009