what is wrong with me

i went to the hospital earily this morning and i was having contractions they were really close together and i was 3/12 cm dilated so the hospital made me walk for an hour and a half then they checked my cervix again. i was still the same so they sent me home. i don't understand why they sent me home. i am still contracting it has not stop. can anyone help me please?

babygirl25283

Asked by babygirl25283 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Keep walking, watch for them getting closer together. If you are really worried, go back to the hospital, but they probly felt that at the hospital you wouldn't progress as fast as at home, I dunno, also they may have felt they were just braxton hicks because you didn't change.
    Anonymous

• Probably sent you home because with the first baby it can take hours for labor. Is it the first?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• They sent you home because your water wasn't broken.
    Anonymous

• How far along are you?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Sit down, put your feet up at a higher than baby belly level and drink lots of fluids, the contractions may stop. They can happen if you are dehydrated.
    majema3

Answer by majema3 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was 4 cm and full term and mildly contracting every 4 minutes I worked 2 more 12 hour shifts before my water broke THE SECOND BABY! LOL You could be a while. The real reason is that the insurance company will pay for your stay of 2 days so what happens if you have not transitioned by then? Or you spend a day and a half laboring?? now your booted out too soon after baby arrives
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• oh and try having sex it will soften your cervix a lot
    MELRN

• You might be dehydrated. They sent me home 3 times before they finally checked my urine and found out i was dehydrated which is why I wasn't dialating anymore. I would try and walk as much as possible and drink as much water as you can. If you are in full labor then drinking water should help make you dialate faster. Good luck and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well I don't know. I'd keep an eye on it then if this isn't your first as second babies tend to come faster, according to my Dad who's delivered countless babies. Just make sure you get back to the hospital on time, lol! Good luck, you'll be okay and congrats!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• with my first i they had me walking around too and everytime a contraction came i had to sit, i went home too they told me to use a heating pad and try to get rest. the next day i went to the hopital and 2 hours later i had her, she was breech so it was by c-section.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009