My Dr is concerned about Placenta Accreta....anyone know anything about this?

I am 33 weeks prego with my second child, Im scheduled for my second c section is five weeks. I've been having horrible Braxton Hicks contractions and I was suppose to go to the dr Friday but I called and was seen yesterday. He checked me and Im not dilated or anything so he says its just the fake ones. HOWEVER my over weight daughter has moved the placenta to the bottom of my uterus. Right behind my scar. The dr says its VERY uncommon but possible that the placenta attach itself to my scar tissue. Which would result in a complete hysterectomy when my daughter is born. Im 21 years old. Just wanted to know if anyone had any personal advise or words of wisdom. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when the placenta attaches normally it attaches to the lining of the uterine wall
    in Accreta the placenta attaches to the MUSCLE instead of the lining.. so instead of separating like normal it is imbedded in the lining and muscle of the uterus most Accretas will end in a hysterectomy..
    you'll have 2 beautiful babys though.....
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I'm so sorry to hear that! I have never known of anyone who has had that happen but i know it is somewhat rare and like MELRN said it always ends with a hhysterectomy but at least you will have 2 beautiful babies that you were blessed with....
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009