PMDD

How do you know if you have pmdd?

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Health

• PMDD and PMS are different. PMDD is worse, it affects your life. You could have these symptoms: anxiety, cramps, mood swings, water retention, acne, headaches, backaches. I have PMDD and take Yaz birth control and it works wonders. Took a couple of months but it is well worth it. My periods went from 7 days of heavy bleeding and horrible cramps to 1-2 days of light flow and no cramps. My anxiety is better, rarely need the Xanax the doctor prescribed to help with that. My acne is gone, less mood swings too. I can actually be around people and not want to kill someone for irratating me. Go to your doc and get evaluated.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Once upon a time there was no such thing as pms and women were locked up, mostly by their husbands. see your gyn if you think you have pmdd. the 1st time I learned of PMS was 1980 and the lecturer at harvard said if you yell at your husband because he never gives you flowers and then a week later he brings you flowers and you yell at him that he shouldn't have spent money on flowers then you probably have pms. similar to pmdd, new labels , new meds.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009