How do YOU organize your child's clothes?

I have my kid's clothes in stacks (pants/shirts/onesies/etc.). But it drives me nuts because they are all over my "office" room. I put some in drawers but that seems like a pain. Some shirts are hanging in the closet but I have run out of hangers. Blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I've been wondering how other people organize their kid's clothes.

Bethe333

Asked by Bethe333 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids, their nice clothes, mostly shirts get hung up, and their pants and shorts get put in a drawer, along with play clothes. Out fits get hung up together. I have 2 kids to a room, and in each they share a dresser and have to share, so alot of stuff does get hung up
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I use a dresser. A drawer for socks, one for shirts and onsies, one for sweat shirts, one for pants, and one for pjs.
    Anonymous

• oraganize? what's that? just kidding. Mine just have seperate drawers.
    Anonymous

• separate drawers for everything. now when i tell her to get something she pulls out the correct drawer and picks what she gets to wear.
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 10:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I put all her shirts in one drawer, pants in one drawer, pjs in one drawer, skirts/dresses in one drawer. And then every sunday i pick out each outfit for the whole week Mon-Sat, and i hang them in the order that I want her to wear them for the week. Then I pull it down in the morning so she can get herself dressed... I know its a little OCD, but it helps me to be on time for work. LOL.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have a little box for socks in the dresser. most stuff goes in the dresser. PJ's are now the only other thing in the top drawer, then one for shirts (by short sleeved/longsleeved/nice) and a drawer fo pants and shorts. a few things like jackets and hoodies hang, and i jsut gto one of those plastic drwer thinkgs to and one drawer has clothes in it. We have a bunch of stuff because he has cousins who are just a few years older. He pulls clothes out if he doesn't like the choices I get out for him.
    Lsmomma

Answer by Lsmomma at 11:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• For my dd, just about everything is hung up, except for pajamas, socks (obviously), diaper covers, tights, shorts/skirts, plain onesies/undershirts. Those items go in drawers... stacked neatly in their own place.
    newmommyhjm

Answer by newmommyhjm at 12:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• a drawer for socks, underwear and swimsuits. one for pjs, one for play tshirts (the kind she wears on a reg basis around the house), one for sweat type pants, and one for jeans and nicer pants
    then all the other shirts or dresses get hung up in her closet. when she was younger the tshirt drawer was a onesies drawer and i had the little 0-3 months and so forth seperators for hanging clothes so stuff i bought in advance could hang and not get mixed in with clothes she was wearing then
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Most of my daughter's clothes is in the closet...pants,shorts,skirts,shirts,2pc outfits,and then dresses.At the beginning of each season,everything gets rotated.She has a pj drawers,a drawer for socks/panties,and one for bathing suits/swim diapers/bathing suit covers,ect.Everything gets put away as soon as she outgrows it,and all of the clothes for upcoming seasons are stacked on her closet shelf.
    MrsApple

Answer by MrsApple at 2:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• A five drawer dresser.

Top drawer...socks, underwear (when appropriate), swim trunks
    2nd drawer...jeans, shorts, pants, sweat pants
    3rd drawer...season appropriate shirts
    4th drawer...outfit sets
    5th drawer...pajamas (so they can get their own)

The closet has nicer shirts and clothes or whatever doesn't fit in the dresser.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009