My daughter is now 3 months old and I have been loosing my hair like crazy.Is this because my hormones are getting back on track and how can i stop it??

AvasMommy0115

Asked by AvasMommy0115 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Dont worry it happens to all new moms - even if this is your 5th bb it happens. There is nothing you can do about it. But dont worry it wont fall out for 2 long.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yeah, it happens. My hair kept falling out till my son was about 6 months. Its just all the extra hair that you had from your pregnancy. Don't worry, you're not going bald!
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 11:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have 3 little ones and hair loss has happened with each of them . It doesn't last long and boy do I have some to spare. I haven't heard of anything that helps....but time.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I also had a baby recently and im losing hair too so dont be concerned it happens to everyone :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• might want to have your thyroid check. I did the same thing and behold I have hypothyroidism
    BethistheFunk

Answer by BethistheFunk at 2:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It is normal to a certain extent... if it goes on too long get your thyroid checked. Mine went kapootie after baby #3... loosing hair and dry skin is a huge indicator of that.
    Rachael

Answer by Rachael at 4:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It's called postpardum alopecia.. basically, your hair has different phases of "life" so to speak. Growth, dormant, and falling out. The average person loses 100 hairs a day. While you're pregnant.. for some reason the falling out stage slows down or stops altogether. After you give birth, your hormones get back to normal and all the hair that should have fallen out during pregnancy will come out. (sorry tried to explain it the best I could.. I'm a cosmetologist.. we actually do learn pretty in depth about all this stuff lol) If you have any questions let me know in PM
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 3:06 AM on Apr. 24, 2009