first time moms: if you have one child (so far) who is about 1....

juuuust curious, and you can be anon. may I ask how old you are? do you want more kids? I'm a 1st timer. my son just turned 1 this past sunday. I'd love to have more children but i'm afraid of being a little too old. but I guess better late than never lol =) btw I'm 28.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 28?!?!?! Too old?!?!?!?

I was 40 when my daughter arrived. No, you are not too old. Not by a long shot. You aren't even near the higher risk group yet (over 35).

As for thinking you started too late, try to think of it this way... you experienced a lot more of life and you have a wider range of experiences to draw on as you tackle the challenges of raising a child. Moms who go straight from their own childhoods to motherhood don't have that time as an independent adult to draw on. Is it essential? No. But as with any experience, it can be helpful when dealing with future experiences.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I had #1 at 27 and #2 at 29. You're not old, no way! Maybe on here it might seem so, but most of my friends (I'm turning 30) haven't started yet.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• ok I just feel kinda old because many of my friends with children, and many moms I met on here are like "yeah I had my first child at 21, and my second at 23...." and it just makes me feel i'm lagging behind. like i've started a family "too late". but thank you I feel better =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You are not old. My son will be 2 next month and I was 27 when I had him. I definitely want to have at least one more....very soon hopefully. I have friends who are around my age who have kids ranging from the ages of 8 years - inutero (sp?). Some felt like they started ...never heard any of them say they felt like they started late.
    TishTosh

Answer by TishTosh at 11:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I am 31 and my son is 3. sometimes I do want another child but there is the fact that I am not with anyone and being a single mom is already rough with one, and then I am getting older I hate to think of how old I will be when my son turns21!!!
    Natasha316

Answer by Natasha316 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Had my first 37 I'm 39 waiting for #2 this October
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm 22 23 this november and I want one more child planned on haveing both by the time I was 23 but I was on the shot and it messed me up. My dd is 2 will be 3 in september your not to old
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• im soon to be 21, and my son is 2.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm 20 and my daughter is almost 13 months. I'm currently 25 weeks prego with her baby brother! ;0) Hubby and I are finished having kids! ;0)
    newmommyhjm

Answer by newmommyhjm at 12:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• U ARE NOT TO OLD THERE ARE ALOT OF GIRLS WHO DECIDED TO WAIT AND I THINK THAT IS AWESOME OF U AND THEN THERE ARE THEM WHO DIDNT AND THEY ARE STILL AWESOME TOO I HAD MY FIRST SON AT 18 THEN FINISHED COLLEGE HAD NUMBER TWO AND NOW I AM 28 AND HAVE MY THIRD SON AND WE LOVE EVER SECOND OF THEIR LIVES AND WHEN WE ARE OLDER WE CAN ENJOY THAT LIFE ANOTHER STAGE OF LIVE I SHOULD SAY GOD BLESS ALL MOTHERS WHO LOVE THEM AND PROTECT THEM THEY NEED U BLESS U ALL
    misty2009

Answer by misty2009 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009