What kinds of food do you feed your older infants (for REAL)??

I'm talking about the foods you REALLY feed your older infant. Not things that you SHOULD feed him...I'm trying to figure out what table foods I can serve to my baby...I'd like us both to start eating mostly the same things.

Can you give me serving sizes as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If baby was old enough to have some teeth to gnaw on it we'd have pizza. But if you are feeding cut up chicken, etc., I don't see any reason you couldn't cut pizza up for baby. I did.
    Of course, if your baby is still too little for eating cut food, you could always toss some pizza in the blender if you wanted.
    Just use your best judgment and trust yourself.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 10:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• peas. they seem to like those.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• peas, corn, chicken cut to the same size as a pea or corn sweet ptatoe french fries cooked zuchini sticks (oh so what if I fried them) a hard boiled egg cut up to the size of a pea
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Mine both had to start on cereals and such at 4 months. So by 7 months or so, I was feeding them the same thing we ate, just mashed, blended, or whatever was appropriate consistency for their age at the time.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 10:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• **original poster**

So if you're having pizza for dinner, do you let the baby have some too?
    Anonymous

• I give my son small bits of whatever we are having for the most part. Tonight we had sloppy Joes.. I cut it up in little chunks and he had that. Yesterday we had chicken and fries and he had that too for dinner... lunch I had vege soup and bread and I took out some of the veges and noodles and fed him those along with the bread.
    Sometimes we have things he can't have so then he just gets baby food.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have given my DD who is 8 months, avocado, banana, blueberries, zucchini, squash, sweet potatoes, vegetarian sausage links, lentil loaf ...she usually eats bettter than I do. Her stuff is all organic and fresh:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• "**original poster**

So if you're having pizza for dinner, do you let the baby have some too? "

NO. Baby's not ready for the cheese. And some babies react really badly to the tomato acids.

Mine ate what we ate, but we didn't do pizza at that time. Pasta, peas, green beans, potatoes...hubbys always been a steak and potatoes guy so there wasn't a lot of variety.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:15 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I REALLY fed my older infant only the things he should have and no meats until 12 months. I used no seasoning and I steamed veggies and fruits for him. He also got yogurt, wheat cheerios and tofu chunks. I plan to do the same with this baby but I won't start solids until 9months- a year instead of 6 months most likely.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009