Would you get your 5 year old a

jack in the box for his 6th birthday if he came out and asked for one? I made sure he knew what one was and then I found a non-babyish one and he still said he wants it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would!!! Sometimes it's the simple things that makes us happiest!!
    Anonymous

• Absolutely.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 10:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Go ahead and try. My 6 year old often asks for stuff like Playmobil and then when it's put together he's like "That's not really that fun." The box and commercial are more exciting. But it's so hard to know.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I totally agree with anonymous at 9:45...Your child is still considered a child there alot of people as grown ups which they could have had a certain something when they were little and some how get it even though they have grown. Go for it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would. But I would probably also make sure there were some age appropriate toys & games for him as well. That way if the JitB turns out to be not as much fun as he thought, there is something else for him. Is there a toy store near you where he could go play with one & see if it is really what he wants or do you have a friend who has one? Also, do you know why he wants one? If it is just because he never had one & thinks they look interesting, then go for it. But if he seems to want to stay a baby for some reason (a change in schools, a new baby on the way, a move), then you might want to delve a bit deeper into this issue before you buy this toy. Good luck & Happy Birthday to your little man!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sure why not, when I was 5 i remember getting "busy beads" beacuse I wanted them, they were like a baby toy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes get him the Jack in the Box. Its a simple toy that he finds fascinating. What is considered age appropriate determines on the child. Even we adults find joy in some very simple things. Let him have fun. And even if he gets bored with it well at least he got the chance to choose it and be done with it.
    Anonymous