I poisoned my SO...

I tried cooking chicken things tonight. But, i failed....miserably. Only my SO ate them. I was too scared cos the inside was extremely pink. He is now throwing up and such.

How can i make him feel better. I already know we don't need to go to A&E but i feel really bad. How can i help him?

Besdies learning to cook.

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Why did he eat it????
    Anonymous

• Lots of water, bread or crackers if he will eat... what is the A&E?
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• omg i'm sorry but thats just so funny and sweet at the same time. you wouldn't eat it and he still did. maybe some pepto bismol? i'm thinking it sounds like food poisoning in that case from what i know about it there isn't anything you can really do except let it play itself out. maybe some ginger ale or something to settle his tummy a bit? or dry toast?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You should NEVER eat raw chicken.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 10:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• he ate them cos he thought they would be ok as i followed the instructions perfectly. And A&E is "Accident & Emergency" so...to you guys it is ER.

Also, he thought it was leg meat which often is pinkish.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well, you can't make him feel better, but you can ask him if he needs anything and do as he requests.
    Seriously, though, if he ate pink chicken and is now sick like that, it would be a good idea for him to get checked for food/salmonella poisoning to be on the safe side.

Don't kick yourself about it. We all make mistakes, especially when learning to cook.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 10:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We didn't know it was raw at the time until my mum came home and pointed it out. As i said i TRIED cooking. He tends to eat anything, which is why he ate them even though i chose not to.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would leave the cooking up to him in the future. Nice try though.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Maybe this will be a lesson to him in the future to microwave any pink chicken. I've cooked things before that turned out to not be fully done. We just microwave them for a minute or two and go about our dinner.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well, we are looking at the bright side of things. I'm 6 months pregnant and i didn't eat it. If i had it would be a whole different situation.

It's currently 4 AM over here so you can imagine how crap he feels.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009