do epidurals hurt?

just wondering

jak89

Asked by jak89 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its probably diffrent for everyone, but mine didnt hurt at all
    mnadcox

Answer by mnadcox at 10:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• mine didnt . i do know it scared the rap outta me tho i saw the needle befor ethey used it lol
    they do numb the area aroudn it first..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I thought that it was really uncomfortable when they put it in but was great after it was done.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well I have 3 kids i had 1 with my 3rd and it was ok at first but it took hours for me even to be able to move and i had back pain after for 6 months but i think everyone takes to it different...I regret I though I'm pregnant I gonna do it natural... good luck too u!
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You? no
    Your baby? Yes
    Anonymous

• mine didnt hurt but i couldnt feel my legs again until 14 hours after i gave birth. im sure its different for everyone though.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If it is done right, it shouldn't. They will numb the area first (that is the most painful part...they stick you with novacaine and it feels like a small bees sting) then they insert the needle for the epidural. You should only feel pressure, much like someone pressing their thumb on your spine.

Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I love people answer anonomously when they are saying something controversial...if you believe what you are saying then don't be such a wimp...stand up for what you're saying.. unless maybe you know how stupid it is.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Compared to the contractions, not at all.

By the way anon, I had an epi and my son is just fine. Quit cowering behind the anon. And back ur comment up.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• http://www.aimsusa.org/howsafe.htm
    http://www.healing-arts.org/mehl-madrona/mmepidural.htm

Here is all the information you need about epidurals.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009