• In the Spotlight:

Do you curse in front of your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yup, not often, but I do. Especially if I'm ticked off.........sometimes it just comes out.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I REALLY try not to. Usually if I have had a "few" I let fly a couple H-bombs, but that's it.
    My son is two and we spell a lot of S-H-I-T. :-)
    Anonymous

• rarely..but yeah...
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Not regularly, I'm usually pretty good with the filter between my head and my mouth. LOL. But I'm not perfect, and every now and again a word slips, I'm only human...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• FUCK YEAH A FUCKING SWEAR SHIT IN FRONT OF MY KIDS BITCH
    Anonymous

• i try not to, but if i'm in the car i can't seem to help it. people just don't know how to drive ( i don't yell at them my windows are up....its more are you da* idiot or whatever) in the house i do much better.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I don't curse regardless.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Nope, I can control my impulses even in traffic! You will come up with your own little mind game to play with yourself and then it just becomes second nature. In OUR house, we read an article a long time ago that said that if you DO cuss in front of LO's to LOUDLY replace it with a word they will react on quickly and not pay attention to what you actually said. So in our house if someone says b*tch, my DH or I will yell out PEANUT BUTTER! The boys think it's funny! I think if I remember right the article saying that their little brains don't compute as fast as adults, so their attention spans will catch a brighter, louder word rather than the original...works for us! :) PEANUT BUTTER!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yup, we don't use the f word all day, but shit, damn, hell, to us are not cuss words.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• On occasion, but not in normal convo.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2009