Salvia?

Has anyone here used it?

Background: My husband is an ex-stoner. He quit for me. I told him when we got married that I would not put up with it and that drug usage is a deal-breaker for me. (it's a VERY touchy subject for me bc of certain things, not going to go into it)

Well, a guy at work told him that when we are able to get a kid-free night that we need to get high off of salvia.

I've seen the trips on videos and heard what happens. It's pretty much LSD but legal. You have hallucinogenic trips and pretty much go nuts.

I do NOT agree to the use of salvia. Not in the least bit. I would be fine with weed if it were legal, but salvia, regardless of it's legality... NO!

My husband brought up that he wanted to try it and I immediately flipped out and told him no, that I would not use it and I didn't want him using it. He didn't understand why I was so adamant about using it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Okay, saw your second post.... To get him to understand, take the kid out of the house the moment he leaves to get high and don't come back. Until he promises not to do it again. Tell him directly that if he does it again, you will leave for the safety of your kid. I assume he knows when you say something, you really mean to do it, and aren't bluffing. If he is a real man, he won't jeopardize his family for a drug.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Crap... Didn't post it all.

Anyway, I'm afraid that he will want to use salvia regardless of my wishes because it is legal. But I can't do it... If he uses it, I will have to leave him. I can not, and will not, tolerate drug use, whether or not it is legal.

How do I get him to understand exactly how serious I am about him not using it??????
    Anonymous

• You have done all you can- telling him not to use it.

You should stay sober for your kid!

If he becomes an "addict", you may need to move on.

I hope he will choose you and family over getting high.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Isn't Salvia a plant with little red flowers? WHat the heck...how many new drugs are out there? Why take any drugs at all? Try clear living and reality. Its much healthier. THAT is what you should tell him. Drugs go or you go.
    Anonymous

• From what Ive heard it's totally disgusting and makes you puke your guts out! Why anyone would want to try it is beyond me. It just became illegal here in Ohio April 1st. Maybe it's going to spread to other states. Not that it will stop people from getting ahold of it like weed. Hopefully your husband chooses not to do it. I would sit down with him and tell him just that, its the drugs or you and the kids. Its not worth the fight, it should be a simple decision for him. I wish you the best of luck!
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 11:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• By the way,

I'm not anti-drug.

I have no problem with alcohol use when a responsible adult is taking care of the child and is not inebriated.

I think the legalization of marijuana needs to happen.

Your child is most important. If you don't want to be the sober one to always make sure he/she is getting the best care, I wouldn't trust someone who wasn't as committed as you to the child. You need to make sure that you can trust him to be the "designated babysitter" so to speak!

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I only heard of it last week on "The Doctors". I don't know alot about drugs. I watch this show and many others when the topic is drugs or sex. My 15 yr old and his best friend knew about it. Mind you they know more about drugs than I do. I will add neither of these kids do drugs nor do they drink. They are well educated on both topics though.
    canadiangirl5

Answer by canadiangirl5 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2009