Does anyone know of a safe remedy for a headache besides tylenol?

I have a severe headache and get them fairly often and tylenol has never helped me, but that's all my dr says I can take. Anyone else know of a safe remedy for it? Homopathic remedies are welcome as well.

Squeakette

Asked by Squeakette at 11:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Health

• There are several natural remedies for various types or headaches. The juice of three or four slices of lemon should be squeezed in a cup of tea and taken by the patient for treating this condition. It gives immediate relief. The crust of lemon, which is generally thrown away, has been found useful in headaches caused by heat. Lemon crusts should be pounded into a fine paste in a mortar and applied as plaster on the forehead. Applying the yellow, freshly pared-off rind of a lemon to each temple will also give relief.

Cinnamon is useful in headaches caused by exposure to cold air. A fine paste of this spice should be prepared by mixing it with water and it should be applied over the temples and forehead to obtain relief.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Apples or applejuice.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• aside from lots of water and sleep...if you are preg and haven't taken other meds in awhile tylenol might work. it works for me when i'm preg but no other times. think it's b/c i'm not used to other meds.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Try gatorade................that works great.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• A cold compress on your head. Is there a reason you can only take Tylenol? Tylenol never works on headaches for me. I take 4 Advil every 6 hours and sometimes, I have to take more. (Doctors recommendation.) I would talk to the doc and find out what else he recommends to do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Try accupressure. Or something with caffeine in it. Usually a couple squares of really dark chocolate, help. I unfortunately have to take preventative migraine medication. But if yours aren't migraines, try those things above. Good luck. If you have any more questions, email me, and I would be more than happy to give you any more ideas.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2009