• In the Spotlight:

How do you get ink pen off a wooden night stand?

We're staying at a hotel and I can't get it off! Its black and the night stand is like a medium color..I've tried baby wipes and hairspray so far and the baby wipes didn't do anything even after 5 minutes after it happened! I tried hairspray and it did get a bit of it off but not all of it! I'm not sure I let it soak long enough? Will mouth rinse or body spray work??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• go grab a magic eraser. just don't rub too hard b/c it will take off the varnish if you go too long
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You can also try rubbing alcohol I know for sure it removes permanent marker so it would have to remove a simple pen mark.
    pandora3478

Answer by pandora3478 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• WD-40 is safe and extremely effective at removing ink, it will not damage the wood either...try it, the main ingredient is fish oil...so also non-toxic
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Mr Clean Magic eraser
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2009