Why isn't there a Gospel of Jesus?

I was watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up-8l5dIeso&feature=channel_page and it had me thinking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know the answer but I look forward to explainations.
    Anonymous

• In the video, the guys says something to the extent of, "Our very souls depend on the word of this man, but there is only hearsay..."

This is so true.
    Anonymous

• Jesus is the Gospel
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Acts is the closest I think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have heard that their actually are scriptures written by Jesus, but they didn't mesh with what the people in charge of the bible wanted to say, so they were left out and have been in the Vatican since. Do I know for sure? No. But it would make sense, wouldn't it?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Spiritguide, I think you are correct. I also remember hearing this.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Jesus IS the WORD , Matthew , Mark , Luke and John are the gospels about Jesus. He is the gospel and the speaker of many things spoke in the 4 gospels.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• "Jesus IS the WORD , Matthew , Mark , Luke and John are the gospels about Jesus. He is the gospel and the speaker of many things spoke in the 4 gospels."

But it's very possible that He also recorded his ministry...in fact, it would be odd if He hadn't.

Unfortunately the Bible as we know it is not only the work of God but also of a committee of men. They were able to pick and choose what went in. Can we truly be certain they have passed on His word in its entirety?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Obviously he didn't consider the written word to be important to the work he was doing. And perhaps the bible is not significant for that very reason.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Ashley, do you know where I might find information on that? It sounds right up my ally!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2009