WTH is wrong with me

Okay so I am just going to say that I feel like I may have some issues, serious ones with trust and my SO, no matter what he does I just dont trust him at all, not even a little bit I try to but the littlest things ever set me off like when he is gone to work and doesnt answer his two way on his cell phone or when he doesnt say I love you when he leaves I think something is wrong, its almost like I have a serious control issue and have t know where he is at ALL the time, and yes I do call him to check up on him, to see what he is doing even though I dont think he is really doing anything, I will still sit here and totally freak myself out and make up all kinds of senarios as to what he may or may not be doing, honestly he hasnt given me too much reason not to trust him, but I am just sick and tired of feeling like a crazy person over this, I just want past all of it already, how can I do that? How can I not totally ----->cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Some of these people are being a little rude. If that's the way they feel they can say it in another way. Ok so whether or not they want to admit it, every woman has felt this way to an extent. First take a breath and ask yourself why you feel this way about him. Have you had these thoughts about anyone else you have been with or is it something about him? If you have had these thoughts about another person in your life, then maybe you should somehow try to get to the root of the issue somehow... whether that would be a therapist, a friend, or another form of help that is comfortable for you. If it is something about him maybe you should think things through and evaluate whether or not it is a good thing for you to be with this person. The important thing to remember is that there is nothing "wrong" with you.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 11:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• flip everytime I cant get ahold of him, which isnt very often and usually he has good reason for not answering me because he is busy, but still I cant handle this anymore, I hate everything I even hate when he talks to any other woman period especially his ex who he has kids with, what steps can I take to not feel this way anymore someone please help me
    Anonymous

• GET HELP. You already know there's a problem. If you were a man, we'd be telling your girlfriend to RUN, not WALK away from you.

Find a therapist and GET HELP.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i agree talk to someone. those are all signals of coming abuse if its a man doing it. so i doubt its diff for a woman. and on top of that, your relationship isn't going to go anywhere if you can't trust him
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Not being mean at all but maybe you should seek some counseling before you run him off. I used to be like that and prozac has helped me soooooo much and you can't tell you have taken it except for the fact stuff doesn't bother you as much and you aren't as easy to over react, maybe you have a chemical imbalance that an be controlled with medication. There isn't any shame in that my Dr. says if they put it in the water the world would be a much less stressed out place. Good luck hope I helped.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You need therapy.
    Anonymous

• You need to chill out or you'll drive him away. You sound needy and codependent and not to be unkind, but that is your issue that you're projecting onto him. Why not consider a therapist or an anti anxiety in the smallest dose. I guess I am wondering why you are feeling insecure. Did someone cheat once? Either way, you need to find a way to cope so you don't ruin things and anyway, it'll be better for yourself. I think you need to empower yourself by doing something you enjoy and remembering that you're a good person on your own and not everything is about him.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Start doing something with your life like keeping busy stop thinking so much of him he is your man and no one is going to take him unless he allows it and if you freak out all of the time at him he is going to get fed up with you and move on or may want to cheat. Turn the tables around would you like it? No it is an ugly feeling to be accused of something that is not there. What is it you have too much time on your hands that is why you have time to conger up stuff. Keep doing it and you will be miserrable. Let it go and look for something that will make you feel good and happy (with him of course) back off and give him his space. If something does happen between you twl God forbid then that is when you start to feel the way that you do that will be the reason right now you have no reason. So snap out of it life is too short.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Sounds pretty serious. Has anyone ever cheated on you to make you feel so insecure about your relationship? You may need to seek a relationship therapist, until then just try to take it easy or this will lead to a nervous breakdown.
    Anonymous

• OP here-and yes jeanclaudia, I have been cheated on before, its not abusive in any way, I know I have abandnoment issues VERY bad and its hard for me I have had a hard life, and really anyone I have EVER trusted has always done me wrong in some way, I was sexually abused as a child once by a neighbor, my mom pretty much left me out in the cold my entire teen years, I have already been married and divorced and that was bad, I just dont know what to do, I just want to cry because I am sick of feeling this way
    Anonymous