My son is almost 8 months old, and I'm anxious to see him crawl. But he won't do it. He rolls over on his tummy, but then a few minutes later, he cries because he hates being on his tummy. I didn't have this problem with my daughter. And I know every child is different, but how can I encourage him? Should I let nature take it's course, or find ways to help him? I know he can do it, he shows some laziness!

Help me with my son!!!

jasonswife915

Asked by jasonswife915 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my daughter I laid her on her tummy for about five minutes or so everyday, unless she got too upset, and put a toy she really liked about a foot away from her. Eventually she wanted that toy bad enough that she just took off. She got sick of waiting for it to come to her I guess *L*
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 11:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• you can help him like by carrying his belly and put your hand flat behind his feet so he can push off be very patient though same thing happened with my kid this is how he finally got to crawl oo and to motivate him put a toy that he likes ahead of him a bit away from him so he can try to get to it give him a motive.make sure he does move his knees though good luck.
    Anonymous

• Crawling isn't even a "milestone" anymore. Since the Back To Sleep campaign, many babies never crawl before walking. Unless his pediatrician is concerned, I'd let the lad go at his own pace.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 11:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I forgot to add that my youngest didn't crawl until 9 months or so, and started walking a few days before his 1st birthday.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 11:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would lure my son with my old cell phone or the remote control to the tv. He really liked those and it was something that wasn't his and interested him more than his toys. My SIL would let us dog sit her boston terrier and the whole time the dog was running around, he no problem getting up the motivation to try to get to the dog. He'll figure it out soon enough and then you won't be able to keep up!
    thefiremanswife

Answer by thefiremanswife at 11:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• All you can do is help him. Like you know, all babies are different.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2009