For all you lovely American women...

I have some questions:
Whats a big gulp? What are twinkies? do you guys have any other choclate then hershies? whats a 7-11? Do you guys ever roll your own cigarettes? Why do you ask to "bum" a smoke? I have loads! But these will do for now....

I'm british so i don't know any of this. So, i'm curious. Also: Do women really go grocery shopping in the middle of the day in pyjamas?! You would be escorted out if you did that here.

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im so glad the warm beer thing isnt true! it use to gross me out just thinking about it!

i was watching something about the queen the other day, about when the attacker got into her room. and she was all proper & calm & controlling her emotions...i cant even imagine having to live like that...or wanting to! posh & beckham are kinda laughed at here, along w/ other silly celebrities.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• a big gulp is a 44oz fountain soda from 7-11 which is a small store connected to a gas station.
    we have nestle & m&m mars...but neither makes a pure chocolate candy bar.
    a twinkie is a yellow snack cake with cream filling...
    i smoked for 5 years but never rolled a cig myself. i think the term "bum" is b/c you are too poor to buy your own therefore you are a bum haha, im prolly wrong on that one tho
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• big gulp...a bucket sized soda from 7-11 a convenience store
    twinkies...heaven...no really...a small sponge cake with cream filling...I wouldn't recommend because they are said to be the only food that could withstand a nuclear meltdown
    People roll there own cigarettes, but not very often
    No idea about bumming a smoke

Ask away...I am full of answers! Woo HOO
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• and yes women do go to the store in pjs, but not lingerie pjs, just sweats...i use to do it all the time in high school. but where i went to high school pj pants were a fashion statement haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• a big gulp is a large drink bought at 7-11 (32 ounce fountain soda). yes we have other chocolate but hershey's is the major one. 7-11 is a convience store they have sodas, snacks and small grocery items (bread, peanut butter, some tolitries), yes some people roll their own ciggs its personal preference, "bumming" a smoke is slang for can i have a cigg, you don't really borrow one b/c you don't give it back so thats why no one says borrow. yes we go to the store in the middle of the day in pj's however when i say pj's i mean sweats and a tshirt or tank top, nothing like a nightie or anything like that.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Ok....so only hershies makes a solid plain chocolate bar....thats strange. I would love to try a big gulp. Whats a slurpy?
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Okamanders that was my guess about bumming a smoke. I never rolled my own cig either, what a waste of time?
    A twinkie is a fattening snack that really nobody should be eating.
    I don't go to the store in my p.j.s but I've seen others do it-I assume it was their pajamas-sweats and a t-shirt.
    Anonymous

• Haha...I love the laid backness of it all. If it wernt for your healthcare system i would so be living there.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think a slurpy is a cold semi-frozen drink.
    Anonymous

• WOW you are interesting I would love to go to your part of the world.
    I would tell you what all this is but I am sure someone beat me to it if not I'll be back...lol
    Anonymous