was your wedding day the happiest day of your life?

ok, so mine was not! i was sooo tired because i could not sleep the whole week before. on the big day i was so worried that people were going to be bored that i felt like i had to rush through all the rituals (like first dance, cake cutting, dollar dance) to get to the part where everyone has fun (the partying!). i didnt enjoy it one bit! i couldn't wait for it to be over so i could go on vacation! i would do so many things differently! i stressed out waaaay too much! i just needed to chill!! but my pictures came out good so you couldn't really tell so i guess that was okay... sheesh!

nairda

Asked by nairda at 11:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes, it was , i had such a wonderful day, even if somethings didnot work out. The wedding candle was late, and someone forgot the potato salad.. But we had a good time..
    I had a wonderful day, i love marrying my dream guy, my romeo, he is still my prince charming,,
    we have our ups and downs, but we still love one another.. I am so happy to be with him..
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 4:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I didn't even want a damn wedding but Husband did. Same thing. There is too much emphasis on weddings these days. One of my happiest days was see a lion up close in East Africa and of course, having my babies.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I don't know that it was the happiest day, but it was a very good day.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• we did something very very small like 12 people there in a small chapel. then did a bar b que at our house afterwards...we had a blast but i was stressed up until the whole i do part was said and done. after that i had fun and thought it was the happiest (just b/c we said mr. and mrs. all day long) until i had my daughter then it went to second place
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I barely remember my wedding. We got married at the courthouse and it was so surreal to me. The one thing i do remember is this lost guy wandering into the chapel in the middle of our "ceremony."
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 11:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• should have been one of the happiest days of my life, but my selfish b*tch of a sister saw to it that i was miserable. it's been a year and a half, and i'm still ultra pissed.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Happy that we were finally getting married (long story, lol), yes. But I wanted to go to the courthouse & keep it quiet & he insisted on a wedding & party at our house. It was still really small (about 20 people, including our combined family of 7) but bigger than I wanted. Plus, we decided to get married on the beach & it was the worst weekend weather wise in a 6 month time period! It was so last minute we didn't have a back up place so we had our ceremony on the beach in the rain & wind (Note: The North Washington Coast is NOT an ideal wedding location). Our guests had to wear parkas & boots. One guest wore her motorcycle riding rain gear!!! I felt so bad for everyone.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Well it wasn't the "happiest" day of my life, because that would just be sad, there are so many more things to look forward to after the wedding day. But it was a good day. I was totally focused on my husband, because since the beginning we both felt that we were getting married for ourselves and God, and not to put on a show for an audience. We didn't spend very much money and I don't regret it one bit. It was sincere and real and beautiful. Thanks for making me remember it.
    Anonymous

• We got married in the office of a clergyman. There was 5ppl there, my husband and I, two friends, and the clergyman. Took a very short amount of time and then we were done. I was very very happy, my family wasnt there to ruin it either. But it was also kinda surreal. There are even times now where get a little freaked out because it is for the REST of my life!
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• This was the second marriage for both of us and yes, for a long, long time, my wedding day was my best day. Then, we had Bella and that is and always will be my very "bestest" day.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 12:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009