Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know about WIA? Will they pay for schooling for me, even if I am already using FA for other schooling?

My sis told me they would. I'm just trying to get a second opinion (should someone know about it. I am in IL).

Answer Question

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 4 (32 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • It is actually a requirement for WIA for a person to apply for similar benefits such as the Pell Grant. If you go to apply for WIA have all of your info ready such as the cost of your tuition,cost of your books and supplies, how long you have until you finish, all of the school information and what type of work you are going to be able to do once you finish the program. If would help if you get online and see what type of job openings there are in the field that you are training for and show them how much more you will earn than now. WIA can be used for up to 2 years of education expenses. Sometimes depending on which state you are in they will start running out of funds if it is close to the end of their fiscal year. If they say they are out of funds, ask them when their new fiscal year starts and go apply again immediately when the new fiscal year begins.


    Answer by Magpie75 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

  • The previous poster is correct. You can contact you local employment office or OneStop Career Center or perhaps even your school's financial aid department for more info. WIA is for low income individuals and it stands for the "workforce investment act."

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.