Any advice for soon-to-be wed couples?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• read "the love dare"
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would suggest marriage counceling to be sure before you make that step. After all marriage is a lifetime commitment.
    Anonymous

• Never go to bed angry, and don't fight over that which isn't worth fighting about. And, no, money is not worth fighting over.
    My grandpa passed that advice on to me, and it saw he and my grandma through 54 happy years of marriage.
    Congrats to you!
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 11:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Make sure he's the one. Your gut will know this. The truth feels happy. Travel before kids, preferably out of the USA.
    Anonymous

• Don't forget about your marriage. If they start to feel like a room mate then things might be going sour....Protect your marriage, it sounds harsh, but your marriage NEEDS to come before the kids sometimes...in the end, the kids will leave you and you will be left with your hubby again...talk talk talk talk talk, NEVER stop talking and sharing. Have sex, don't nit pick and just love him because he loves you.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Don't forget that you are both your own people. Enjoy your individual interests and don't try to change each other. Pick your battles wisely and remember that your words can never be taken back.
    Havahsmommy

Answer by Havahsmommy at 12:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• keep having sex
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 12:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Marriage is a lifetime commitment, and personally I dont believe in divorce. I dont know about the conseling thing... I never went. My husband and I have known eachother all our lives and were only dating for about two months before we married, and I have never been happier. Make sure it is truely what you want and that you are ready. We have been married for over a year and I wouldnt take it back for the world.... I think there is nothing better than marriage life and the excitment of building a bigger family. Good luck.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 12:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Keep Having SEX. Even if you are not in the mood, just start and you will get in the mood. Don't use sex against him or as a bargining chip. Do at least one nice thing for him a day. Fuss about the small stuff a little. If you have had a fight sleep! Wake up in the morning with a clear head and then discuss the problem.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• do not lose YOURSELF. That is who you guys fell in love with. Persue your own interests.
    belladonna777

Answer by belladonna777 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009