love being a mommy hate being an aunt

I love being a mommy but I HATE being an aunt, I have 4 nieces (3 different mommy's) and for some reason my poor nieces never seem to have clothes that fit and their hair is never brushed and 2 of my neices look like their never fed. Yet thier mommy's always have on nice well fitting clothes and their hair fixed my poor nieces look so bad cause their mommy's never take care of them it's so bad that my mil was actually approched by friends and family about why the girls didn't have proper fitting clothes and asked how my dd could be related to them cause she's always well put togehter.I hate being an aunt because I just want to slap my nieces mommy's for neglecting them. Does anyone else love love being a mommy and hate being an aunt if so why or know anyone that don't care how their child looks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes...same exact reason!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i dont think you hate being an aunt i think you hair your nieces poor choices in parenting... as much as a diva as i am if i had a daughter she would be looking goooood while i can still dress her. boys dont need as much upkeep to look good, jeans and a tshirt works :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• ....hate your nieces parents poor parenting in children.... hair WTF lol freudian slip i guess
    aliciatron

• Yup, my sister lost her kids because she wouldn't let me help or take my advice.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Alicia . . I so knew what you meant the first time!! LMFAO!!!

OP . . . nope, I'm lucky. Dh has one divorced brother who has full custody. He is an awesome daddy . . his son is distinguished honors in school and so respectful (He's 13). My sister doesn't have a lot of money, but her kids are dressed and fed. I always buy her clothes or purses for holidays, because she doesn't spend any money on herself . . . all for the kids. The ONLY thing that drives me crazy is my niece touches EVERYTHING when she is at my house and I wish they could/would control her better (i.e. discipline--she is old enough to understand--almost 2 years)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I agree, I don't think you should say you hate bein an aunty, you sound like your really concered about them kids. I think you hate the way the kids are being treated. Maybe its time to step up and do an intervention big time hun. If there not takin care of them kids its up to you to fix what no one else cares enough to do.
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I hate that my SIL doesn't properly supervise her 2 boys. She is a good mommy, just kinda lax with them. I hate my sister cause she is emotionally/verbally abusive to her kids. Always plays head games with my neices.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I love being a mommy but not an aunt...Not for the same reasons though. My niece is spoiled. Spoiled, Spoiled! She's only five and last year I didn't give her some of my food and she slapped me. I almost took that child OUT and I was six months pregnant. LOL
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• How can you hate being an aunt??? I read your reason but I don't understand. I love my neices to death!!!! They are 7 and 8 and I would never feel different no matter what they wore or how messy their hair is. They are beautiful children and I love them very much regardless!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Ok yes I see I did word it wrong I love my neices to death hell I raised 2 of them for the first year I just hate seeing them not being taken care of properly 2 of the girls (the ones I raised) mommy and step-dad have money but will only spend the money on the mommy and the girl's little brother she just got a new iphone,laptop 3kt ring. One of my nieces just had a b-day 4/20 and her mommy and step dad didnt get her hardly anything I think 3 shirts and jeans its april and she gets the poor baby jeans we start swinning in a few weeks. I just wish someone would shake my neices mommy's and tell them to stop neglecting them I wish I could take them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2009