baby sleep alone?

how old was your little one before you put them in thier own room to sleep at night

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 12:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i got my son to sleep in his crib alone for two weeks straight when he was 13months old...he is now back co-sleeping with us. ;/
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• She's 8 months old and still sleeping with us...so I have no idea
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• 3 months she grew out of her bassinet and i wasn't taking apart the crib and putting it back together (wouldn't fit through the doors) but it was across the hall and we still had a monitor. i don't think i slept the first two or three nights b/c i was so worried about her
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Having baby sleep close by is protective against SIDS, so I would always wait until after 6 months old. My oldest moved into his own room at 12 mos, my youngest at 7 mos.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• just out of curiosity how does having your baby close protect against SIDS? i'm not trying to cause an arguement i've just never heard this
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• almost 4 months. Before that it was a bassinet that was next to my bed for easy breastfeeding access. Sometimes I let her sleep in the bed with me. She actually does much better in her own bed without me close. I talk in my sleep sometimes and move around alot so I might have been waking her. Now she only gets to sleep in my bed if she wakes up really close to the time I am going to wake up and I want to go back to sleep so that I can have those few last mins
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:30 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My LO was two months old. He had no problem switching over and when he wakes up in the middle of the night now he can get himself back to sleep. He's five months now...I hope it stays this way.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My daughter is one and we still co-sleep. I'll let her sleep with me until she moves herself to her own bed.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 12:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• he slept with us for the first 5-6 months, then slept in a cosleeper next to my bed for about a month, then went to a crib in his room and has been there ever since. now the only time he wants to sleep with us is when he's sick. :-( he's not even a snuggler anymore. :-(
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I put her in her crib in her own room at around 4 months. She co-sleep half the night for the next 4 months and didn't start sleeping through the night until about 13 months and now at 18 months she sometimes still wakes up at night.
    Honestly I miss the snuggles sometimes...

Wistful

Answer by Wistful at 1:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2009