Part II--Suicide...Heaven or Hell

For the ones who think it MIGHT be possible to go to Heaven if you committ suicide, do you think it would be because of the person's mental status?

zachsmom900

Asked by zachsmom900 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think that is something that we will ever know about. That is something that should NEVER be judged. Think what you may, but for most of us, it will be a reality we all have to face one day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• r u depressed honey??????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OP here. No, I'm not depressed. Just thinking. An old family friend shot himself in the face with a shotgun about 2 years ago. We know without a doubt that he was a Christian but he was having some serious mental issues. I myself, believe that ones who do commit suicide do not go to Heaven. The only hope we have is that God has mercy and grace and takes the mental status into account.

zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think that commiting suicide is a lack of faith. And God says that we wilthout faith do not know Him. I don't know, we are all different though and really we aren't there when they face God so we won't know until we get there. I truly believe that a person who has done really horrible things in their lifetime as they are taking their last breath, if they realize how horrible in their hearts that they have been and ask Jesus in and for forgiveness, I believe that He will see into their hearts and forgive them righ then and there. So why not the people who commit suicide?

I had a boyfriend who I really, deeply cared about years ago. I had to choose between him and another man cause well, I loved them both. Anyways, this guy ended up marrying and having a daughter a yr. or 2 after I married my hubby. She left him when their daughter was 2 and he was found hanging in his garage. He was a great guy and believed in God
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think about him all the time. I hope and pray that he is in Heaven.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Like I said in the previous post, the ones with menatl illness are the only ones who go home. All the rest automatically reincarnate. At least, that is what I believe.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Ok first I am going to say that suicide does not stop someone from entering heaven. I have heard in my youth like many that it was an unforgivable sin, simply because you were unable to ask forgiveness. We do not know that. It is not up to me to say they will never get to heaven. If they wre a christian I am sure their spirit goes anyway. But what I can say Is God has mercy and compasion and would look at the whole suituation and what led this person to commit the act. I do not think that He would simply comdemn them to hell, especially since Jesus said there is NOTHIGN unforgivable except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which suicide is not..
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 6:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Answered at 11:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009 by: zachsmom900
    **

I am so sorry for your loss. Just know that if he truly loved the Lord, he is with him now.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes. I think in the case of your friend, he would've been brought HOME to GOD. I really think that those that are struggling with mental illness just don't know how to process the information "correctly". And GOD would know that.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The Bible says that NOTHING can seperate us from the love of God. If you believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and that God has raised him from the dead, so shall ye be saved. I don't believe in all of these nit-picky rules some Christians and Catholics come up with. Jesus says I AM THE WAY the truth and the life, NO MAN comes to the father except BY ME. Who are we to say "well Jesus says all who believe in him will enter heaven but I'm going to add onto it....except in suicide, except if they weren't blessed before they die, except if they didn't go to confessional..ect. ect." It brings me to tears that Jesus gives us such a gift and we can't even accept it for what it is and how SIMPLE it is.

Is suicide a sin? Possibly but again, Jesus forgives. I think most anyone that committs suicide has some inkling of a mental illness but regardless if you are saved, you are saved. Period!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2009