Do you think Jaime Foxx went too far with the insults to Miley Cyrus?

Jamie Foxx is a 41 year old hollywood actor. He recently insulted Miley Cyrus who is also a hollywood star, but she IS still a 16 year old girl. The content of his slanders were drug-filled and sexualized. Do you think this pushed the 'freedom of speech' a little too far while attacking a minor?

Here are some of his words...
"make a sex tape and grow up"
"Get like Britney Spears and do some heroin."
"Do like Lindsay Lohan and start seeing a lesbian and get some crack in your pipe"
"Catch chlamydia on a bicycle seat"

He did apologize for his words saying that ""I so apologize … and this is sincere. I am a comedian, and you guys know that whatever I say, I don't mean any of it. And sometimes, as comedians, as we do, we go a little bit too far."

I guess I just don't see the humor in attacking an underage girl with adult content. Do you think attacking minors should be outlawed?

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 12:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Really I dont care. Sorry. I just dont. I think all these "Teen Queens" are pointless & I get sick of hearing them & hearing about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• YES , I feel he went way to far with it, even for a comedian. It really Changed the way I feel about Jaime Foxx ( I really liked him before
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Beat the dead horse some more.

This has been discussed like 500 times in the last week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• If youre tired of seeing it dont read its not that hard
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• anon 12:46. I partially agree with you. I, too, am not into the whole teen queen or Pop princesses. However, I just feel like I should care because it is not right to say those things about a teenage girl as a grown adult in the public spotlight.

This world is all about bashing others in the media and it gets our society NOWHERE! Kids hear this and think it is acceptable language and behavior to say/do to others. Just breeding a "not nice" generation. jmo...
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• sorry anon 12:50. I didn't know that (obviously).

I think CM should have a window, similar to google, that while you type a topic in the main question box, recent Q&As with that topic pop up.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• They do. It is in the right hand corner at the top of your screen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think it is disgusting a 41 year old man made sexual and racial remarks about a 16 year old child. He is a sexist and racist and only apologized because he was cornered. He is lucky her daddy is not an out of control baffon like he is or he would have a fist in his face. Jamie Foxx is a mediocre actor who cannot sing either. He is not funny at all. He made a couple movies that did well but he sucks as an actor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I recently watched a thing on tv about Miley Cyrus and she has amazing integrity and a good head on her shoulders. It is because of her very strong and close family upbringing and the fact that her dad knows show biz. He said things like that happen, people say stupid things. He didnt like what Jamie said but he responded in a mature manner. His daughter knows how to blow things off. She is brilliant and responsible and a typical teen!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• If she can't take the heat she needs to get the hell outta the kitchen.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 4:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2009