'young' parents do you ever feel that you are being judged?

i mean, maybe im not i'm just projecting my feelings on other people, but sometimes i swear when im walking my son in a stroller i get these 'looks'

i mean maybe im really not, but sometimes it just seems like it. i'm married, i have a 1 year old and im 21. i know im young and im not the BEST mother out there, but i'm trying to the best of my abilities and that's good enough for me. and no this is not a '"young" moms vs "old moms"' post LOL i swear!

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 12:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm 17, and yes, I feel like I'm being judged EVERY day. I can't go to the mall without someone giving me nasty looks.
    Its annoying, and rude.
    Just because I'm young, and pregnant, doesn't mean that I'm going to be some horrible mother, and I'm getting married to my sons father, and going to college, which is more than what most young teen mothers do.

You'd think with the teen pregnancy rate being so high people would accept it, but they don't and it really annoys me. I've seen mothers my age who are better than mothers who are in their 30s.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Again? Girl I was a mom at 18 and I never had anyone stare at me or judge me. Maybe I just didn't open myself up to judgement. But sometimes, I think people say this on here just to seek attention. As stated before, girls can become mothers at 12.. It happens. Girls can also have babies up until they are 50ish.. It's not uncommon. Why does everyone think it's such a feat to have a child?? Heck, dogs and cats do it.. They don't brag about it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• ..thats not what i asked anon :58? i dont understand how i could be trying to seek attention?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• dogs and cats also dont raise their children past 8 weeks ;] humans take over and dogs and cats try to eat their young LOL! no im being serious my father lived on a farm. i just feel that people sometimes look at me with pity or maybe like... 'this young bitch is probably messing up her childs life i bet the dad didnt even stay' thats all im saying...
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• god i think im about to move over to the anon side because i cant ask a simple question without people thinking im looking for attention! add me to the dark side ladies!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes, but only when my kids are starting to "act up" in public. Thats when I feel like people are looking at me and saying/thinking something like "she should have kept her legs closed".
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 1:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2009