Post Partum?

Did anyone get pregnant during their "Post Partum"?....
Do you think its possible to get pregnant after having a baby three weeks ago and still using condoms?....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it is possible. I've seen people who've gotten pregnant as soon as they had their C-section.
    You are the most fertile you've ever been right after the birth of a child, because... you've essentially "stored" those eggs for 9 months when you were not having a period due to pregnancy.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I haven't gotten pregnant immediately after giving birth, but I got pregnant with my 1st, 3 weeks after a miscarriage
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My SIL got pregnant with her youngest when her son was 4 weeks old.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Well the condom would have to leak and you would have to have started ovulating again already. Not terribly likely, but possible. I'd get on birth control, though. Even if you're breastfeeding (my period returned 6 weeks pp with both of my kids and I was exclusively breastfeeding). If you're nursing you can get an IUD or a progestrone pill, if you're not you can be on a regular combination pill.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2009