My husband does not like my puppie :/

i have a 1 yr old yorkie she is soo sweet! my husband doesn't like her and he's always scaring her or making remarks about her i hate that he has to be this way and i do get into arguments with him. waht do u all suggest i do? should i give her away to a good family or should i keep her and just tell my husband to quit being such a big brat!? let me know thanks!

SAHMOF5

Asked by SAHMOF5 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pets

• I honestly don't know...My hubby is like that with my cat..He says he hates her...IDKW..I tell him to get over it. Its a cat...ya know?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 1:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• As long as your dog gives him no reason to act the way he does towards her, he needs to respect your wishes. I bet if it were a 'manly dog', Lab, German Shepherd, Bulldog etc., he'd be acting differently. Men can be pretty condescending about small dogs... bugs the crap out of me.
    Charlies_mom

Answer by Charlies_mom at 1:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• sounds like he is jelouse of the puppie.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would let him know that you wont allow him to abuse or frighten your dog, that it is inappropriate and that you wont tolerate it. He may not like the dog personally , but that is no reason for him to treat an animal like crap.
    Mom2PunkRockers

Answer by Mom2PunkRockers at 9:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Hmm i dont no what to tell you... My hubby says he hates and we even get into fights about it. Then when the night come she is curled up on his feet or laying up against him. Everday when he comes home from work she is at the door waiting to get him loves. I dont understand how she can be such a daddy's girl even though he said he cant stand her.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 1:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• See that's the thing my husband doesn't like it at all even if she tries to curl up besides him he will tell her to get the hell away and it makes me very upset that he treats her that way. he's nothing like this with my other 2 chi's just with this one:/ thanks for your responses ladies!
    SAHMOF5

Answer by SAHMOF5 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2009