How do I treat an injury from a cactus?

The needles are out of Taters ankle and hand, but the area is still bumpy and rashy. She says it doesn't hurt anymore but she keeps itching it.

TatersMom2006

Asked by TatersMom2006 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• my son ened up with teeny tiny needles. He thought he got them out, but it was still red/bumpy and kept getting worse. I took him to urgent care and there were 2 needles under his skin they had to dig out.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• aweee, poor baby...take her to your PCP
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Gemmi280...I called her pcp before I took her to the ER. I was told by her pcp to soak her in a tub of warm water and she would be fine or (believe this) to wait until morning and bring her in. She had at least 50 at best guess of them in her ankle, bottom of her foot and palm of her hand. All the ER told me to do was put neosporin on it. Well, I tried that and she is still hurting. They did get most of them out but I felt a few when I gave her a bath tonight. Thanks for the advise...I think its time to find a new pcp...
    TatersMom2006

Answer by TatersMom2006 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009