suicide????

does anyone know what happens after your third consecutive suicide attepmt??ive been told that they keep you for up to a year?im trying to get info because my husband(if you can call him that)has many disorders and just did his 3rd attempt in less then 20 days i was just wondering if this is true.thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A NEW MAN EXPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE KIDS GIRL THATS NOT GOOD FOR THEM TO BE AROUND TRUST ME I KNOW. EVENTUALLY THEY WILL LOCK HIM UP AND THEN THE KIDS WILL THINK ITS THERE FAULT
    shaeshae89

Answer by shaeshae89 at 1:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I am the poster and I completely agree with you....however i do love him and want him to get help i just cant allow my kids to see or be around it and thats why i really need to find someway to get the state or county to keep him for a while...i just dont know how.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I've never heard of that. I guess it's by state.
    Here in Florida you just call the police and they come pick him up. Doesn't matter how many times he's tried. How long he stays is determined by a doctor. It's on a case by case basis.

If he's trying to kill himself at all you really need to call the police. He needs help.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 3:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I dunno. I was immediately released after all of my attempts.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Have you tried your state website?
    Maybe you can find information abotu procedures?

I really strongly disagree with the first response.
    He needs someone right now.
    It probably is best for the state to keep him for a while, but you should still try to be there for him.
    Wish you well.!!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009