Has anyone else got a "pregnancy rash" while pregnant?

If so what did you use to soothe it or make it stop itching. It seems like I have tried everything and nothing works. I'm so miserable and sleepless. It doesn't ever stop itching, and it's my entire body! Help! lol

Mommy2Be172009

Asked by Mommy2Be172009 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you ?
    have you talked to your dr?
    try non perfumed lotions, calamin(SP?) lotions
    you should talk to your dr becuase there is a rash you can ge tlater in pregnancy called pupps (SP?) its just when your body becomes "allergic" to the horomones.
    if your skin doesnt get better or has been going on for a while you should talk to your dr anyways ... i hope you feel better
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks. I mentioned something to my o.b. last appt which was last friday. Me being a teen mom they just brush everything off and told me it's just a pregnancy rash it'll go away after you have the baby. But it seriously drives me nuts, i've tried lotions, i've tried hydrocortisone (sp), i've tried a warm bath, i;ve tried a cold rag on the itch. Nothing seems to help it and it makes me not able to sleep and I keep SO up itching and tossing and turning because i'm frustrated.
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 1:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• that is odd.
    ya it will go away after the baby is born but usally they give you something for that . i think tha tis dumb they just brush it off cause your young. they did tha tto me when i was 17 having my son .
    id try pink calamin lotion sorry cant spell lol . but that is all i can think of .. i hope it goes away soon !!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• try like things you would do for posion ivy or chicken pox.
    have you tried an oatmeal bath?
    Mrs.Owen86

• Someone else suggested an oatmeal bath, but my mom said I was crazy she wasn't going to clean out the tub after that. lol I just thought calamin lotion would dry it out and make it itch more but I guess i'll buy some tomorrow and check it out.
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 2:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• always makes me feel bad with itchy skin lol .
    you can also try diaper rash cream lol
    they have bubble bath that is oatmeal that may help and wotn leave a huge mess lol .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I had that with my dd it sucked! worst yet it was during summer so not only was I hot and bothered but also so freaking itchy!!!! I took oatmeal baths which helped a for a second. other then that I just bared it and scratched untill I went away a week before she was born.
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 2:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Oh my gosh I feel for you! I had that (PUPPPS) and it drove me nuts! I couldn't find one thing that completely took away the itch but oatmeal baths do help. And the warmer the water the more you itch. I just would put some oatmeal in a sock, tie it shut, and put it into the tub almost like a tea bag lol. Let it sit for a sec and then squeeze it. I would then get in and just keep squeezing into the water and rub it onto myself. That keeps you from having to clean out all the oatmeal from the tub lol. Hopefully that makes sense. I had heard it was supposed to go away after giving birth...I unfortunetly didn't have that luxery lol! It stuck around for a few weeks after. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• check out PUPPS or ICP... both are pretty rare ICP being even more rare to get that PUPPS. good luck :D
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• my doctor said I could take benidryl but of course you want to ask before you take anything.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 4:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2009