Have you had a parent or both parents addicted to drugs?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• My biological father is addicted to drugs and is an alcoholic.
    I don't have anything to do with him.
    I feel like if he wanted to know me, he would get clean for good. He has been clean numerous times for a few months, but always goes back to being a loser.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My mother, stepfather, and father are all three alcoholics and crackheads....this is why they are not allowed to see my kids. they can call...but they can not physically be around my children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Not drugs for me, but my husbands mom. My father is an alcoholic though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My mom was a huge alcoholic and it took her getting into a drunk driving accident, someone dying and her losing her freedom and some rights for 7 years to cure her. I have numerous aunts and unlces that I believe are alcoholics too. I think my dad may have been. Alcoholism tends to be hereditery.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Both my parents were drug addicts but my father got clean. My mother had been abusing heroine for years and now it's crack. Along with cigarettes. She's still out there.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2009