How can I get along with a sister who likes to fight?

I am 31 and my sister is 36 and she is visiting me from Florida. Every time we are around another she wants to get in my face and yell.

KristyMalzac

Asked by KristyMalzac at 2:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Time to roll up the welcome mat, till she learns some manners.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• y does she wanna fight? is she unhappy? well that's pretty obvious, huh? anyway, i would distance myself form her or have a heart to heart and ask her what the hell is bothering her and get it all out in the open and try and fix it. if she does not cooperate, i'd cut her off.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 2:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• shee me and my older sister have not talked since 1990,lol....
    poohnc

Answer by poohnc at 8:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It takes two people to fight. So, just prepare yourself for the fact that she will likely try to pick a fight and then choose not to participate. If she yells, let her yell. Maybe you are the only person at whom she can yell and not get smacked. Maybe you are the only person with whom she feels safe enough to say how she really feels. Maybe you are her therapy. It's only a visit, so you know it's not going to last forever. If she criticizes you, here's a good line. "Well, thank you very much for telling me that about myself. I will think about it and try to make the needed changes. Is there anything else you could tell me that might help me?" That usually shuts people up.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2009