ahh helppp!

my whole goal for losing weight before summer is failing. im GAINING weight, and not too happy about it. i try so hard to keep active with my son by taking him outside but it's been so crappy out lately! i need foods that are healthy and won't fill me up, and i know a lot of you are going to recommend water water water, but i drink water all day everyday anyway and it doesnt really fill me up anymore. i ate a bunch of carrots today and that seemed to work, what else can i do?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 2:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You need a BALANCED diet, above all.

WEIGHT WATCHERS. It works and you can live with it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Incorporate weights into your work out. Muscle will burn your fat so that even your resting time is more beneficial. And don't be afraid of healthy proteins...they feed your muscles.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• eat small portions of everything even carrots! lots of anything is gonna kill you. eating small portions is hard but you need to get used to it because as you get older it's gonna be harder to stay slim. and you have to exercise! walking briskly is very good. i do a meal replacement shake in the morning and small portions the rest of the day. if you love cereal, replace another meal with it (get used to fat free milk). i love raisin bran, total, honey nut cheerios YUUUM! then i eat a small dinner with my family. i snack on light yogurt, sugar free jello, v8's, any kind of cheese. other than the snacks i mentioned, i stick to eating foods that are not processed. everything in it's natural form is a freebee for me. don't anything with hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, too much sugar or food coloring (the more natural the better). but seriously, learning portion control is the best long term thing you can do.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 2:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• oh yeah, mamachamp is right on! i gotta build more muscle because like she said, muscle burns fat.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 2:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I did weight watchers too. I ate the same things just smaller portions and it worked great for me. I lost 4-8 lbs. per week.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Actually, your body needs massive nutrition for it to shed the weight, not starvation. Water is a fat emulsifier for sure but a nutritional overhaul has helped me go from a 12 to a 5/6. It is awesome and I feel great too.
    cleanserchick

Answer by cleanserchick at 10:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• oops, i meant to say i need foods that are healthy and WILL fill me up.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Celery! You burn more calories digesting it then it has!
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I like to make oatmeal cookies with whole wheat flour, 1/2 the sugar and replacing 1/2 the butter with applesauce. They are more filling, but if you have self control issues as I do sometimes you may want to skip them.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 4:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You need protein. Soy is one of the best sources of protein there is. I use the Cinch Plan protein shakes and meal bars. I like the taste and they are quick and easy for breakfast and lunch. Then you eat a normal dinner.

Good Luck.
    MeganKay1977

Answer by MeganKay1977 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2009