how GOOD is Tyson's chicken nuggets for a 15 month old?

My son hardly eats any other meat...he likes the dino shaped Tyson's chicken nuggets are these healthy for him? Along with all his fruits and veggies and grans of course.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly I dont know but if you read the nutrition chart on the back you can see. Check sodium, saturated fat, vitamins and minerals.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would keep trying other meats, but for now I'm sure they are fine. My son loves them, but he only gets them about once or twice a week!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 7:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Very bad! Loaded with nasty chemicals. Your son doesn't need any meat. If he eats lots of whole grains and beans, he will get more protein than he needs. You will find great information here: www.superbabyfoods.com

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It is chicken. I feed it to mine all the time.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• If you baking them it's way healthier that frying them. I would still try to get him to eat other meat.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Tyson is actually one of the better brands to be feeding kids. They put less hormones and fillers into their animals. The nuggets themselves should be baked not fried to keep them from getting saturated in oil. My DD gets them a couple of times a week (she's 2 weeks shy of 16 months...). You could always make your own nuggets by pounding out a chicken breast, cutting it up and coating it in breadcrumbs and some Parmesan cheese.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Obviously you want to venture out into other healthy foods when you can. I asked my pediatrician last week about DS diet and how limited he sometimes is. He said as long as he's eating and gaining weight at a healthy pace then it's ok. My son is 21 months and finally eating something other than chicken nuggets and corn dogs but I never had to force him. Sometimes I have to do silly stuff like singing a song to get him to eat at all but it's kinda fun. I always have to remind myself not to eliminate foods for him, offer whatever I have to him and if he likes it keep it coming lol just found out he likes avocadoes with italian dressing! CRAZY BOY! :)
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2009