I am 27 weeks in pregnancy number two and my back and hips hurt so bad it is almost unbearable! it is so bad its making me sick and i can't sleep for nothing! i didn't have this problem with my first and i don't know what to do. i have tried Tylenol, warm baths, heating pads, and even massage but nothing is helping. could y'all please give me some advice on what i should do? was thinkin about going to the hospital but i felt that a bit extreme? not sure, but please help!

FirstMomAnt

Asked by FirstMomAnt at 3:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• IF you are in that much pain go to the hospital. You could be in early labor or it could be a gall bladder attack or kidney problem. I hope you feel better.
    Go though, better safe then sorry.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i would just go in better safe then sorry hun...it could possibly be premature labor (god forbid of course) or something might be wrong....GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• its normal every pregnancy is different. i think its extreme to go in. labor will make it go away. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• id go ahead and get checked out . i hope you feel better.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• No such thing as a bit extreme at this point in the pregnancy. Call your Doc, go to the hospital if you think you need to. Good Luck!!!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would go to a chiropractor. Pregnancy can easily mess with your hip/spine alignment. Talk to your doctor if you want. I say find a chiro that works with pregnant women. It's a life saver.

All the pains are worse with this pregnancy, I think things are stretching and moving more quickly with this one!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• try a chiropractor.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 12:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• when it comes to yours and your baby's comfort during this pregnancy its not too extreme. If you are in that much pain and nothing you do works definately get checked. I would go to the hospital right away just in case there is anything to be concerned about. I can tell you that I had the same thing with my second child.. and I was told that the weight of child was a lot for my body to handle and that it was straining my back and irritating my bursitis in my hip. But I would get checked if I were you. I hope you feel better.
    Anonymous

• I WOULD HIGHLY ADVISE NOT GOING TO A CHIRO!!! I went for severe back & hip pain as well (in my 6th month of pregnancy) and it made the pain WORSE! You wouldnt think so, but the pain was unbearable AFTER the treatments.
    During labor & delivery with my first child, he caused 2 ruptured discs in my back (L4, & S1), so I know what kind of pain you are in. I suffered for months after he was born and nothing worked. I tried Physical Therapy, Meds, R&R, you name it. It took a very long time for me to heal, and I just pray to God that I dont have any more issues when this baby is born!!! It was not a pleasant experience, and I cant believe im doing it again!!! I must be crazy.

Good luck with your pain!!!
    Mommysangelbaby

Answer by Mommysangelbaby at 12:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009