intercystial cystitis

Has anyone ever heard of a bladder disease called intercystial cystitis i was diagnosed with this and i have no help on what to take for it i have bladder pain everyday i used to take pain meds but got addicted to them and had to get off of them because of my liver so now im stuck with no meds for this condition im hoping someone knows of this condition and can tell me what i can take for pain ive tried everything nothing helps ibuprofen is too much for me it hurts my stomach when i take it it doesnt help anyway and ive tried all other meds over the counter and other non addicting pain meds prescribed by my doctor nothing helps but narcotic pain pills which i cant take anymore if anyone knows of this i would love to talk to you and see if you know of anything else out there i can take so i can live a normal life instead of a unhappy life all because of pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• Have you tried the DMSO tx? Meds they put into your bladder via cath. Are you taking Elmiron? Although there is no cure for Interstitial Cystitis there are many options to relieve Sx. I highly recommend that you find an Urologist that has experience with IC.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 5:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would just do a google search on your condition...literally type in pain relief for.......GL feel better!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Are you considered ESRD? Why can't you take the narcotics? Is it just because of the addiction or the liver damage...? I am not sure what options are available to you. Have you talked to a urologist?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2009