Ok this is a 2 parter and kinda funny!!!

Part1 My3 yr old dd walked in on my cousin giving my 2 wk old ds a bath and asked "Whats that?" My cousin said "His penis" So my dd runs up to my brother and tells him "my brother has a penis we need to cut it off! HURRY!" Which I thought was kinda funny but told her he needs it. However she is persistant there is something wrong w/ him and we must remove the penis. Any suggestions? Part 2 What is the funniest thing your child has said at this age?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL my daughter is two and she was at daycare with grandma. All the kids went to the bathroom and the little boys who need help going potty go into the girls bathroom with the staff. My daughter saw a little boy in there going pee and she asks, "Grandma, what's that?" My mom says "thats his area." (she calls it "the area" and we have no idea why). Andie looks at her and says, "Is there something wrong with it?" and My mom said no- not quite understanding what she meant... then andie goes on with her questioning... "Well why dont I have one of those then?" My mom says "bc you are a girl... a boy has parts like those and a girl has parts like yours." My mom said she thought for a second then looked at her with kind of a scowl on her face and says, "Are you sure?" LOL pretty sure
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 8:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• LOL...just try to explain that that is what boys have and they are different from girls then just ignore it as much as possible after that lol. Mine is just starting to get the words flowing so nothing hilarious yet...although I think him calling everything Hippo is too funny! Of all the words this kid can learn he some how picked up hippo lol!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I had to explain that to my 2 year old too. My husband walked out of the bathroom after his shower not realizing my daughter had already waken up from her nap. Her thumb came plopping out of her mouth and very wide eyed said, "What is that?!" I explained it is daddy's penis. He is a boy and boys have penises and you are a girl and you have a vagina. It is what we use to go pee pee. To which she replied, "Daddy has poop coming out of his butt." For a couple weeks after that she would remind us that daddy has a penis because he is a boy. We never made a huge deal out of it so she didn't dwell on it very long.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 8:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• That's funny! I am pregnant with my third child and my 6 year old has been asking me a TON of questions lately. He recently asked while watching a child birth video how I knew that the baby being born was a boy. I about fell out of my chair! I told him that the baby had the same parts as he did but smaller. So then I had to explain that girls have parts for having babies and boys don't. It really puts you on the spot when kids ask stuff like that!
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• LOL thats hilarious. My son walked up to his dad one afternoon and says "Daddy, go ahead, tickle me. See what happens!" and he RAN the fastest run I have ever seen a three year old run, and locked himself in the bathroom. (We have a key) It was the funniest thing.

But if I was in your case, I would just tell her that boys and girls have different private areas. Girls privates are just like regular skin and boys have things that stick out. That's how to tell if they are boys or girls when they are first born. When they get older you can tell by their clothes or hair or however your daughter distinguishes boys from girls lol. Good luck and good story!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Oh ya I forgot to add I've already had to explain the boy part girl part thing she walk into to the bath room while her dad was in there. She says her brother is suppose to be a girl because mommy only has girl babies like her and her sister.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2009