Is there anything I can do for my 14 week old who has a cough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Being so young your baby is probably still just learning how to get things working so unless it is really a coarse cough or a wet cough I wouldnt stress it. If it persist over a week I would contact the pediatrician also. Try a humidifier and/or sit in the bathroom with baby in your lap and let the shower run hot to get the room steamy. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Honey and lemon is what I usually suggest, but I don't know about someone that young. Call your pediatrician. Good luck. I hope the baby feels better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 5:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Turn your shower on hot steam up the bathroom and sit in there for about 15-20 minutes. It will help to clean your LO out and make them feel much better....
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Please, please, please don't EVER give a child under 1 year old honey!! It can make them horribly, horribly sick! I'm talking in the hospital for weeks sick. The best thing to do is steam up your bathroom and sit in there with the Baby.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2009