Guess what happen.? GOd is good has anyone every had something like this happen to them?

ok well me and my hubby pays are tithes 10% every week.. Well when my hubby was on his way home from work tonight this guy he works with that he dont even talk to came up to him and give him an envelop and said God told me to give this to you. My hubby was like ok thank you and when my hubby got home from work he told me to open it so i did and there was 1000 dollars in there in cash.. God knew we needed that money we had to pay rent and stuff.. My hubby was like wow God is good and knew we needed this baby and I said I know he is good. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 6:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. GOD is GOOD! GOD has provided me with several cash offerings during times when I least expected it and MOST needed it. Once I really needed a new computer for a job I had just begun and a friend I had JUST made decided to send me $1,000 for no other reason than he wanted to. Another time I was wanting so much to continue in my spiritual studies and there were a group of books that I was wanting to study and ANOTHER friend just offered to buy them for me. GOD's blessings have not always been monetary either. Like the one time I was really hoping we could find a perfect family dog. I knew I didn't have the patience or the time to train a new puppy and we didn't have the money to buy a dog at the Human Society or anything. But I just "sent my order" up to GOD and He literally just sent us one. I noticed an abandoned dog (a lab mix) walking around for several days ...
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• wow. no. thats great!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OH OH that is wonderful. And don't ya love how he uses the ones we least expect it from to bless us. So happy for ya'll hun that is just a praise report beyond praise reports in this economy
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 6:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• …near an area that we drove by every day. On the third day that I passed her, I (just) decided to open the door of our van and she climbed in. She had no collar and she was clearly dehydrated and hadn’t been fed for days. So needless to say we brought her home and she’s been here ever since. And she’s a fantastic dog.

Yep, I could go on and on with the ways that GOD has blessed us.
    jenettyshome

• Well, that was very nice for you. Odd, but very nice. However, there are a great many people, many of whom are good Christians, who are losing their jobs and homes right now. Not everyone has strangers walk up to them with money. I hope you don't have police knocking on your door to retrieve the money at some point. I would never think about keeping the money not knowing where it came from.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Actually, I have. It always seems like when me and dh are in a bind, something "comes up" that makes everything better. We have had a vehicle given to use when we didn't have one. And there was one, just after we had our second son, that we were supposed to pay $500 for. Well, we went and made the second payment of $100 (we had already paid $100, bringing the total to $200) and the lady just gave us the title and said Merry Christmas (it was Christmas time). And guess what, we have had these things happen without even going to church or paying tithes to anyone. We help out people if they need the help, and I think that is actually more important then who gives more money to any church.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Why did God help you and not help another Christian who just lost their home or job? How does he pick and choose who to help and what makes you so special?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Nope. I've been left high and dry every single time!! It is amazing that the universe funneled needed cash to you, but crediting and invisible deity for a coincidence seems to be stretching it just a little.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• And guess what, we have had these things happen without even going to church or paying tithes to anyone. We help out people if they need the help, and I think that is actually more important then who gives more money to any church.
    -Ashley

I was going to say that, too.  Although I recently started going back to church and "tithing" (as much as I can), this stuff that I just shared happened while I wasn't even going to church. 

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sounds like somebody in your church nominated your family for some monetary help. I don't believe that God guided anyone just to hand over a $1000 to a stranger. Just be glad that someone you've talked to recently passed the word of your troubles on to those who could help.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2009