Getting married soon and nervous!!

I am getting married August 8th and I'm soo nervous. I know I'm excited too but for some reason I'm just scared. Its been planned to be married in August for quite some time but that doesn't change anything when it comes to being scared just a bit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• YOU have every reason to be scared...it is a big commitment! Being nervous and scared shows how serious you are about your decision. It will be fine...just breathe.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I keep going thru the what if's. like what if I suck at being a wife.. what if I forget how to do something... I was raised by a single parent so marriage isn't exactly fortee
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• the what ifs are normal - marriage is meant to grow together as a couple, learning about one another (and yourself) as you get older, maturer, have experience, good and bad... the main thing is that you are willing to stand by your decision, years down the road when things maybe don't seem like the way you wanted it to turn out. You will not suck at being a wife - find an older woman that has been married for a long time and pick her brain. Perferably one that really loves her husband though, that is important. Good Luck!
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 6:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The best advice I can give you is this - - marriage is WORK. You have to really work at making a marriage successful. Romance novels, etc. make it all easy, but a good marriage has it's ups and downs. Another piece of advice I wish didn't take me almost 11 years of marriage to learn is that every morning you need to wake up and make a CHOICE to love your husband. Even later in the day if you get into an argument you will remember that you CHOSE to love him anyway. Good luck to you in your marriage!! I hope and pray that you will make it work!! :-)
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 7:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Congrats & Good luck too u will be fine I am engaged also we both have kids
    ouromnifamily

Answer by ouromnifamily at 2:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It's normal to be nervous-- this is the rest of your life! However, if you feel any doubts, I'd think twice about it. I doubted getting engaged beacause I always thought marriage just wasn't for me, but the minute I said 'yes' I had made up my mind. It is nervewracking for sure, but being nervous is totally normal. DH and I just celebrated our 1 year. Congrats.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Congratulations! oh yes, I remember being scared too. It's a lot to grasp to realize that your life is changing. Don't worry, your day will be perfect. If something goes wrong, don't make a big deal out of it, that way the guests won't even know. You will be a perfect bride!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2008