Does anyone make their own cleaning products?

I'm thinking about making my own cleaning products.Is it hard to do?

Tia23sb

Asked by Tia23sb at 7:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• I'm not all gung ho about making my own.... but, I do use baking soda and vinegar a lot! Baking soda is a great non scratch scouring powder. It works good on greasy things, like the stove top. Just be ready to do a lot of rinsing. I tend to use it more on stuff that I can rinse in the sink (like the burner pans from my stove)

If you dump some baking soda in your kitchen sink and rinse it down with vinegar, it can help rinse away residue in the drain that can cause clogs. It won't cure an already badly clogged sink, but can help keep it from becoming that way. It also will get rid of stinky smells if you have a garbage disposal in the sink.

baking soda lightly sprayed w/ vinegar can stop ants from coming in. I've done it around my kitchen door frame when I had an ant problem last year and it worked better than the commercial ant spray that I bought at the store.

Vinegar in the washer is good for odors

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I use green cleaning products from Gold Canyon called Homeology.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I use vinegar and water to touch up. Mostly I use either 7th generation or Citrasolv. I do however use regular cleaning disinfectants in the house if someone is sick.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I do!

This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic and works.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)

For extra scubbing, make a paste of vinegar, salt and baking soda.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2009