Need some clarity on christianity aspects...

Okay I have always believed in God and since day one to now I have been introduced into three different religions. Mormon, Catholic and Christian. I attended church in all religions. Now I understand what I am worshiping I am confused on weather a catholic or christian church is for me. What is the difference between a catholic and a christian. I found it VERY uncomfortable to attend the catholic churches but my hubby family is all catholic so its being pushed...and I feel very close and uplifting with christian churches but I just dont feel like i have enough knowledge to attend any of them. ADVICE please!! Thanks ladies.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Catholics have another book they get most of their doctrine from. Christians are born again they accept Christ into their heart and don't need a middle man to pray for them. They speak directly to the father. The Catholic church puts a ton of emphasis on the Priest and the Pope. We are not to commit idol worship. We do not need a priest or the Pope to absolve us of our sins nor do we need to got to confession. We go straight to God as it is stated in the Bible.

Catholics can be Christians if they are born again. The only way to be a Christian is to accept Christ into your heart and repent of your sins straight to God. In the Bible Jesus is the only way. I have not seen anything about the rituals done in a Catholic church in the Bible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• This is the very tool the devil uses to confuse and divide our faith. I too have had the same problem before. Sounds like God is trying to guide you, I would pray and ask for the insight to know what he wants. That is what i did and I am confident in my choice God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• To thine own heart be true. You attend whichever place you feel comfortable at. You are going to feel uplifted and spiritually connected to your diety. If you are not feeling it at say the catholic church you don't go there. Marriage is Compromise. i would never ask my husband to go anywhere he did not feel welcome and he would never ask me to do so. I don't know why you are getting hung up on "knowledge" to attend. You don't need knowledge, you learn what they do and why they do. Then if you don't feel you're in the right place you move. Good luck and dion't be pressured into anything by anyone. Church is counterproductive if you are only there to fill an obligation to your spouse or anyone else.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Well first of all you need to follow what you believe & not what your husband's family wants you to believe or is pushing you to believe. I don't know much about Catholic other than they tell their sins to the priest and not to God, which I totally disagree with b/c God is the one who will cleanse you and forgive you not the priest. I also know that the Catholics worship Mary Magdalene also which is not God. You need to pray to God and ask him to guide you in the way he wants you to go. I am not saying that Catholics are going to hell or that any other religion is going to hell but I am sure God will tell you that being a Christian is the place for you. I love my church and worshiping the Lord Jesus Christ and the fellowship & singing and so forth. You have to make that decision but you need to pray about it and have God tell you where to go to!
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 1:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think you should pray about it. God will answer. You just have to listen.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 5:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Thank you so much ladies!!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009