My baby is not very active....

when I was pregnant with my first boy, after a certain point in the pregnancy he was very active, I felt him move all the time. I am pregnant with another boy and I didn't start feeling him until later in the pregnancy than the first one, and I rarely feel him at all! I turned 22 months today. He will kick occationally, but I only feel him every few days. Could it be a lazy baby or just difference in personality, or do I have something to worry about?

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 7:43 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the doctor should tell you if there is anything to worry about I am sure it is just a different lil personality in there :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have 3...they were all different. Also, you notice things more with your first. The baby may be just as active, but every movement with the second is not as exciting as every movement with the first. Plus memory isn't that good for data purposes. My second didn't move as much either but was very healthy. As long as he is gaining weight and the doc is giving you a good report, I don't think you need to worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• They say youre supposed to check fetal movements. They call it fetal movement count...I was told to eat.. drink fluids... then around the same time everyday lay on my left side and count how long it takes for your baby to move 10 times. Sometimes I would have to try other positions to wake him up a little. If your baby dont move 10 times in two hours there may be something to be concerned about... go to L & D right away. Dont even bother with your doctor, just get checked. If you are very concerned even right now go get checked. The stress of you being worried will only be worse on you and the baby.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 8:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Im 21 weeks and my lil girl can seem to be the same way...But I think it has a lot to do with the way she is facing...sometimes I get strong kicks to the outside and other times she turns the other direction and I can barely feel her. Freaked me out the first day it happened but I called the doc and everything was fine. I dont think kick counts work until you are farther along...like closer to 30ish weeks. But call your doctor if you feel necessary...Im sure he\she will ease your mind sweetie. Hope that helps.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I wouldnt worry if he/she is active compared to yor first one, but if this particular baby starts to slow down then maybe call the Dr. But if he/she has never been an active baby, don't worry. The kick counts really arent effective till around week 27-30, when the baby is so big you really do feel every movement. You are still early, and the baby could have his back to your belly, or a front lying placenta, or just a calm baby. I am sure all is fine, as long as baby doesnt start getting less active you have nothing to worry about.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm assuming you mean 22 weeks... it's no big deal. Wait til you get a little farther along. lol
    Ask your Dr if you're worried about it. Good luck!
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 11:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• yes, 22 weeks! Lol I get confused. 22 months I can't even imagine! Well thanks everyone, that makes me feel a lot better. I have an appointment coming up, I will talk to the doctor and make sure everything is ok!
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 8:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009