Do Meleluca products really make a difference in your home?

I have a child with ADHD and need to get all the harmful chemicals out of my home.

Tia23sb

Asked by Tia23sb at 7:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• I've heard good and bad things about that particular company. There are many, many alternatives to chemical cleaners though. The simplest is vinegar. http://www.vinegartips.com/cleaning/ If you don't like the smell you can use essential oils. Also, tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial, so if you use that EO it will help. There are also plenty of other brands of non-chemical based cleaning products out there. Clorox green works aren't bad for the most part. Not sure why they need to add the dye, but whatever. 7th Generation is another national natural brand. If you have a natural food market near you they'll likely have quite a few options as well. Good luck!
    wulfbourne

Answer by wulfbourne at 8:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Oh, and in response to if it made a difference, none of my kids have ADD so I can't say as far as that goes. I don't get as many headaches as I used to though and the house feels fresher to me.
    wulfbourne

Answer by wulfbourne at 8:43 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Make your own cleaners; melaluca is not quite what their marketing would lead you to belive (though they are better than clorox). This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, make a paste of vinegar, salt and baking soda.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Not really. I used to be a representative for that company. I tried several products and was not fond of them. However everybody is different and you won't really know until you try it.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Check out this website, there are free web seminars that you can attend and get some answers for yourself.

www.ahealthcafe.com/melanys
    LovingLifeMom2

Answer by LovingLifeMom2 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think that is a great start, to remove toxins from your home. I have read a lot about baking soda and vinegar. But have you thought about the toxins and heavy metals we consume daily in the food we eat, the water we drink and the air we breathe? i work for a company that has a product that will remove heavy metal and toxins by taking 3 drops 3 times a day. take a look at www.sharethecause.com/hastily/Unseen-Killers  and www.liquidzeolite.org   Let me know if you want more info and i can help you. 

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 6:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009