i am planning for my daughters 1 yr old birthday earlier. Her birthday is july 3rd and i have no idea what to do for her birthday. Like a good place her age to go for her birthday. Please help if you got any ideas let me now. thanks to all

mom4life83

Asked by mom4life83 at 7:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just remember that 1st birthdays are more for you and family than it is for the one year old! So in other words, don't worry about going somewhere she will enjoy, like McDonald's or Chuck E. Cheese(unless you have alot of older children to invite) Maybe cookout at your house, or a park
    Harrisonsmommie

Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 9:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Such a sad yet happy time :) :( Well with Andie I invited kids over to our house. But if youre looking for a place to go out to I would suggest a place like ......... McDonalds with a play area or a cicis where you can rent out the party area and do your own thing. If it was me tho I would rather not clean up after that LOL
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 8:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• For first birthday, may I suggest just have it at your home, invite friends/family. Since it's July 3rd, maybe do Patriotic decorations. There are good websites for ideas as well for parties.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 8:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• my daughters birthday is in november she was a year old last november but i wanted so much to be able to have her party outside. (wish she wouldve been born in summer) i would have a party there and get all kinds of silly fun games for the kids to do out side get some sidewalk chalk let them draw pics make a game out of it. kids love to be outside and i bet there are lots of fun things you can come up with them to do. get a pinata. water balloons a sprinkler they can run through
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• For my daughter's 1st we reserved a picnic area at a park, grilled sausages, made her her own cake, and served some little desserts in baby food jars. We kept it really simple, since at that age it's totally for the grown-ups, not the baby. We didn't do any official games...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• We did DD's at a park. All the decorations!! We did lunch meat sandwiches, cupcakes for the guestsand Cedes got a personal sized chocolate cake to obliterate!!! No games... The decorations and doing it a BIG party if you wanna call it that was totally for me since she won't remember.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 8:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My Daughters 1st Birthday is this Friday and we are having her party at McDonalds. It is very affordable and they provide a half sheet cake, gift bags for the kids, ice crea, and a happy meal for each child. They also have someone to come out and help you with everything and than clean it up when you leave! =] Just a thought. However, if i would have known it was going to be so beautiful this Weekend, i would have reserved an area at the park to have it so the kids could play outside. Looks like you got alot of really good answers above though!! =] Good luck!!
    MommytoAngel08

Answer by MommytoAngel08 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't do McDonald's... I don't think a 1 year old should be eating that crap so it's more for Mom to be lazy and not feed the guests.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I agree with the suggestion of just having a small get together at your home with close family and friends. Odds are good that all she will do on her birthday is look at people funny, look at the wrapped gifts funny and get cake all over her face anyway. Just make sure to get a great cake faced picture of her. (=
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 10:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Your daughter won't remember. But, the other kids will. Get a bounce house and a clown.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 1:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009